On the ninth day of Blogmas, Leeann's blog gave to me...six final to-reads My Goodreads goal is 45 books and I'm still six short, meaning Christmas is going to involve lots of reading. So I thought I would share with you those six books I must read in an incredibly short amount of time.
(Or I will have to accept failure, something I am not apt to do).
So here it is, the six books I will (attempt) to read in the remaining days of 2014:
- Miracle on 34th Street, by Valentine Davies. I've read this before, but it was awhile ago and I want to dig into it again. It's the novella version of the film, written by the screenwriter, and released only shortly after the movie. (Yup--a book based on a movie. It really does happen!)
- Indy Writes Books: A Book Lover's Anthology, edited by M. Travis DiNicola and Zachary Roth. I've already peeked at a few of the selections in here, and I'm already super pumped.
- Orphan Train, by Christina Baker Kline. Recommended by a friend and my mom, I'm looking forward to reading this "historical" fiction.
- Flappers and Philosophers: Stories, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald is my one true writing love and I'm interested to see how his short stories add up.
- First Fig and Other Poems, by Edna St. Vincent Millay. Yes, I totally picked this poem collection because it's 46 pages long. Also, Edna St. Vincent Millay has written the only poem I love, "Recuerdo," so I thought maybe her other poems would help thaw this icy blockade between poetry and me.
- Looking for Jack Kerouac by Barbara Shoup. I'm really excited to dig into family friend Barb Shoup's latest novel. It's on my Christmas list, so fingers crossed it comes my way in the next couple days!
What books will you be reading before 2015?
On the ninth day of Blogmas, Leeann's blog gave to me:
Six final to-reads, decked halls a-twinkling, a Christmas tag of sorts, two Christmas book reads, FIVEEEE FESTIVE MOVIES! Memories filled with snow, one blog tag, the best study tips, and 10 Christmas songs to sing!